Thursday, October 14, 2010

My Lush Dragon's Egg Hatched!!!


My Lush Dragon's Egg Bath Bomb that is. I dropped it on the bathroom floor and it hatched prematurely revealing a citrusy mid-layer and a glittery golden center. Kinda ruined the surprise but that's okay, I'll get over it.

The golden center doesn't look like much from here but in the bath it releases loads of glitter which in turn creates a beautiful glistening effect in the water. It really is lovely.

But let me backtrack a bit.

To the outer layer. The white outer layer is fizzes away in the most creamy froth I have seen created by a Lush bath bomb. I don't even think that the word "fizzes" is accurate just because the froth is so... frothy. Alas, this does not necessarily mean that the froth lasts or that it creates bubbles. But it does create soft, moisturizing bath water!

The outer layer also has colored confetti wafers on them. These are fun and cute AND they don't clog up drains because they dissolve once they soak up water. Major improvement from the days of when Lush put actual paper confetti in their bath bombs. (I still loved you Supernova... )


The second layer is the layer that starts to release color. Because my bath bomb broke I'm not sure as to when the color starts changing but I'm pretty sure the change starts before the white layer is gone. The orange color seems to reflect the overall citrusy scent of the bath bomb. It's citrus but has a creaminess to the scent as well. The scent lingered even after I was done with my bath and made me feel happy~

Now back to the golden center. As pretty as the glitters are, note they may elect to live a life of their own even after your bath. K (the husband) took a shower after I took a bath, and when he walked out he had a random gold glitter on his upper lip area. I had no idea how it got there but it was pretty funny. A grown man walking around with gold glitter on his face :)


* Star Violet has some awesome photos of the Dragon's Egg in action on her blog if you want to check that out.

No comments:

Post a Comment