Friday, October 15, 2010
Haul: e.l.f. Cosmetics (Overview of Complexion Perfection, Corrective Concealer, Mineral Powder Brush, Eyeshadow Primer, Shine Eraser)
I've ordered from eyeslipsface.com once before and while their shipping is painfully slow, their Studio products weren't half-bad. I was especially impressed with the Complexion Perfection Powder and managed to hit pan on that one. So in ordering a new one, I decided to try out some other things.
Here's what I got, along with my overall impression of each.
1. Complexion Perfection Powder (Studio)- I initially got this to see if the yellow/green side could be a dupe of the Clinique Redness Solutions Instant Relief Mineral Powder (hello ridiculously long name?). I don't have a lot of redness in my skin but I do have enough to care.
All I can say is the Complexion Perfection held its own. I was tempted to believe that because of its low price, it would break me out or something horrible like that but I have to say, after having used one whole compact (the yellow/green side only), I'm fine and my skin, which is on the sensitive side, is fine. (Note however, that this does have a boatload of talc in it- for those of you who wish to avoid the ingredient.)
The texture is very.. strange. It's not completely ineffective but it's dry and the consistency is uneven. It's almost as if the oil content of the product decided to separate from the color content. It's very difficult to get onto a brush. Additionally, the brush it comes with is all but useless.
* The photos run a little dark. The colors are a bit lighter in real life.
this Sephora powder brush I've been wanting could do. And apart from the bit of glue that was on the lower part of the brush right above the handle (see if you can find it) I really like this brush! It's nice and large and the bristles are so much softer than the regular Studio line brushes, making it perfect for applying loose powder all over the face.
The brush is slightly cinched meaning it looks more similar to the complexion brush in the Studio line than the Powder brush shown in the last photo.
6. Blush in Candid Coral (Studio)- This one will be in a separate post soon to follow. So that's it for now. Good night everyone!
- ► 2011 (23)
- Happy Haul-oween: L'Occitane, Lush Treats
- YSL Gloss Pur in #3 Pure Coral, #8 Pure Watermelon...
- Sephora Sale: It's On!
- e.l.f. Blush in Candid Coral (Jane in Blushing Ear...
- Haul: e.l.f. Cosmetics (Overview of Complexion Per...
- My Lush Dragon's Egg Hatched!!!
- Chanel Holiday 2010 Collection (Les Tentations de ...
- Maybelline Define-A-Lash Mascara
- Love: Haagen Dazs Green Tea Ice Cream
- Promo Photo: Chanel Holiday 2010 Collection
- Haul: MAC Venomous Villains
- Haul: LUSH Soap, Bathbombs and the Sacred Truth
- ▼ October (12)