Friday, September 10, 2010

MAC Cremesheen in Richer, Lusher and On the Scene


In my humble opinion, the Cremesheen was the best thing to happen to MAC. First introduced in early 2009 in the Cremeteam Collection (I am still waiting for Melt in Your Mouth to come back) and made permanent by the Too Fabulous Collection early 2010, the Cremesheens eradicated the stickiness of the regular MAC lipglasses and went with a creamy sheer formula that adds just the perfect hint of color on your lips.

One thing though, because these aren't sticky the lasting power is not so hot. I personally don't mind.
Additionally, there is deceptively little product in the tube. I usually do not notice these types of things but I noticed it here because I actually finished one of these and I never finish lip gloss! (except for those smaller Stila lip glazes) The sleek plastic is incredibly thick so it creates a magnifying effect making it look like there's more than there really is. I don't find that detrimental in my affection for the product in the least because I actually like finishing beauty products quickly :)



Richer, Lusher (from the Too Fabulous collection) is a nice vibrant coral. I lurve it so much! It's nice and smooth and just really pretty on the lips.

On the Scene (from the In the Groove collection) is a light peach that borderlines nude. I cannot for the life of me get nude to work on my lips but I have to say this came pretty close. Wearing this alone just doesn't do it for me (although I can see how it would look fab on more cool skin tones). I have however found it can create a beautiful toned-down glossiness over hot pinks or more vibrant colors.        

In comparison with other corals: YSL Pure Coral is actually much more prettier in real life

On another note, I am oddly excited about the Venomous Villains being almost here, odd because I'm wasn't excited about it initially. But I've picked out some things (see ShopList on right) based on Temptalia photos and I have to be honest- I can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment