Monday, September 6, 2010

Paul & Joe Lip Lacquer in Riviera, Eye Gloss in Murmur


This one should be called: The Beauty Look Book made me do it. Not that I'm complaining! Her praise of Paul & Joe got me thinking why I hadn't attempted to get a hold of the products in this line sooner when I had always wanted to try them out. I assume its because I have to order Paul & Joe online and I wasn't sure where exactly.

I finally decided to take the plunge and ordered a Lip Lacquer in 05 Riviera and the Eye Gloss in 05 Murmur. If any of you are interested I purchased these @ Dermstore.com. It was my first time ordering from them but their free shipping policy rocks.

                       

And while it's premature for a review- I'm just gonna go ahead and say it- I love these already!

The Eye Gloss in particular reminds me of a beloved discontinued product from Fresh. See, once upon a time Fresh had something called the Eye Lusters. They were basically liquid-type eyeshadows that smoothed out and dried on your lids. They lasted all day and they did not smudge. In fact, the Eye Lusters were some of my very first eyeshadows and so I never understood the concept of 'creasing' or 'smudging' at all until I started trying powder eyeshadows. Much to my dismay (and horror!), the Eye Lusters were discontinued. Thereafter I tried to find something comparable to replace them but nothing was to compare to the smooth light yet lasting-all-day glory that were those Eye Lusters.

Hence, I was super-excited to find the Eye Gloss. 05 Murmur is basically a brown with a frosty sheen to it plus a tiny bit of purple (when seen in light). The frosty sheen is not obnoxious, in fact the frost becomes more of a shimmer on the lids. It just looks smooth and nice, but adds a bit of natural depth to your eyes. 
On the eyes- subtle but noticeable still

I am liking the Lip Lacquer too. It has a pleasant subtle fruity scent. The formula is on the sticky side but because it is so, it lasts a long time on the lips. I looked at THIS photo array before choosing which one to get. Riviera has sparse bits of glitter in it but for the most part is a creamy coral pink. I absolutely love this type of pink (like Stila Lip Glaze in Gumdrop, Candy, MAC Cremesheen Melt in Your Mouth, Benefit's PosieTint etc.) It's a bit more sheer than the swatch makes it look but that's the way I like it :)

I'm definitely glad I gave these a go- I see more Paul & Joe in my future!
Le swatches: The gloss has a bit more coral in real life. The eyeshadow looks less frosty in real life.
Pretty and detailed .. chrysanthemums- I think.


No comments:

Post a Comment