Wednesday, September 22, 2010

L'occitane Peony Lip Colour in Marie Riviere

A closer look at the L'occitane lipgloss (actual name: Liquid Shine Lip Colour) in Marie Riviere.
There are so many things to love about concept behind the Peony lipgloss and the L'occitane Peony Collection in general and yet I can't say I'm in love with the product itself. (At least for now.) Here's why I love it and don't love it at the same time.

First, I love the meticulous details that give homage to the Peony Collection's inspiration, such as the seed packet packaging (although slightly flimsy), shades named after different types of peonies (Marie Riviere for instance was inspired by the Mme Benoit Riviere, a peony with a delicate salmon pink color) and the inclusion of peony extract in the products. I also love the flower printed on the top of the packaging and the fact that the material is paper.

But its this odd feeling of overall flimsy-ness that I can't get over. The doe foot applicator is strangely scraggly (I want to believe its biodegradable or something like that), the plastic tube is not shiny enough, it has a funky floral scent (it's very subtle but I'm just not a floral scent type of gal) and the color is neither here nor there. To be honest I don't really know how to feel about it. L'occitane asserts it "coats the lips with a tender pink with subtle gold shimmering sheen, like a fresh petal covered with morning dew." Not completely inaccurate but I don't feel the 'fresh petal covered with morning dew' part...  Am I being crazy? Don't answer that.

It definitely has a natural look thing going on so that's good (and that's probably what L'occitane was shooting for anyways). Have you tried anything from the Peony Collection? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment