Saturday, September 25, 2010

Haul: Sephora: Shiseido, theBalm, DiorShow Maximizer


Nothing terribly fun I have to admit, but all basic things I couldn't do without!

Here's what I got (including samples)
-- Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Cream spf 55
-- theBalm Time Balm concealer in Lighter than Light
-- DiorShow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum
-- Clarisonic Sensitive Brushhead x2
-- Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare extra strength alpha-beta peel x10 packets (my skin feels so clean after using this)
-- boscia green tea blotting linens (25sheets) (I prefer shine control films but I got this with Beauty Insider points so not complaining! plus I like the subtle green tea scent)
-- Pangea Organics Japanese Matcha Tea w/Acai & Goji Berry Facial Mask (this looks disgusting on your face but I lurve it!)
-- Clinique Instant Solutions Redness Relief Mineral Powder (works wonders on my mild redness)
-- Dior HydraLife pro-youth sorbet eye creme (my current eye creme)
-- Kate Somerville Protect Sunscreen (I've been hearing good things about Kate Somerville so here goes)
-- Korres Yogurt Cooling Gel (I used this today and it really cools the skin- awesome!)

First of all, sunscreen is very very very important for me mainly because I don't wear any foundation. My sunscreen needs to not only protect me from the sun but it should even out and brighten up my skintone, work as a makeup primer, and last throughout the day without becoming oily (this is where most sunscreens fail). The Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Cream spf 55 is such a sunscreen. It works wonderfully with my Chanel loose powder to create just enough coverage without making me look like I painted my face.

I also needed to get some new brushes for my Clarisonic mia. I've been using the brush for normal skin (and it's fine) but decided to pick up the "delicate" brushheads this time just to see if it's softer. It feels softer on my hand but on the skin I can't say I feel much difference between the "delicate" one or the normal one (or the "sensitive" one for that matter) 

I guess this is somewhat fun? The DiorShow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum. It's supposed to be a lash primer and a nourishing lash serum at the same time. The bristles are nice and soft and I definitely feel a difference! I'm falling in love ... (However, be warned that it may necessitate a re-curling of your lashes after application.) It also requires mascara because it goes on white.

I've been hearing good things about this concealer. This is my first theBalm purchase and so far it's pretty good. The consistency is a bit thicker than what I'm used to (Lancome concealer) but that makes the coverage all the more reliable. I do have to be careful when I apply it under my eyes because it can look unnatural if not blended properly. But once blended it will stay there throughout the day!

So that's pretty much it! 
I hope you enjoyed... reading all that :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment