Saturday, September 18, 2010

Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss: Swatches & Genie


Just a quiet Saturday afternoon here, in the Friendship Heights front :) Stopped by Bloomingdales and was excited to find the Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss collection out and about. I think they just put this out because all the testers were brand new. yay for me!

I swatched away to my heart's content (or as much as my arm could hold). The top ones are the Extrait de Glosses, which according to KarlaSugar are going to replace the Aqualumieres. I also swatched the fall collection Glossimers that were released weeks ago simply because I just can't get enough of  'em ;)

Under Bloomingdale's light
(For more comprehensive swatches, check out KarlaSugar)


And you know I didn't walk away empty-handed. 
Say hello to Genie, the perfect coral. I mean it, it is the perfect coral. It's soft without being peach, it's bold without being red or orange. It's a more opaque version of the YSL Pur Gloss in Pure Coral (my favorite coral up until this point) The pigmentation is perfect too; it colors the lips with a natural flush of non-shimmery coral without looking like you've literally painted your lips. The formula is amazing; it's thin yet glossy at the same time, the lasting power is great without drying out your lips. 

I am in love.


* photos taken with iPhone4

*Update 10/26/10: See Genie with other coral swatches

No comments:

Post a Comment