Saturday, October 9, 2010

Maybelline Define-A-Lash Mascara


Me and drugstore mascara, we don't get along. For one, my lashes need a lot of coaxing and love and most drugstore mascaras I've tried are A. clumpy, B. incapable of holding a curl and C. just not for me...

That was until now. 

Maybelline Define-A-Lash is A-mazing. I don't think I've ever been so satisfied with a drugstore mascara before. In fact the only other time I've been this satisfied with a mascara at all (and it still remains my HG mascara) was with my Chanel Inimitable waterproof in black- the original one (not the Inimitable Intense.)

Before I go on, let me explain what I look for in a mascara because everyone's opinion of what constitutes a "good" mascara may vary. For me, a mascara should look like an extension of my natural lashes. I hate clumps! Therefore I prefer lengthening over volume (synonym for clumpy in my mascara dictionary) and while there are mascaras out there that purport to deliver both, I have yet to find any that actually lives up to that word.

Another critical aspect of mascara is it's ability to hold a curl. Let me rephrase: Mascara MUST be able to hold a curl! Sometimes I'm not sure if makeup companies get this.. What's the point of mascara if it will only straighten out lashes that I have just tediously curled?


So here's why I think the Define-A-Lash is a good (and by good I mean great!) mascara

i. It looks natural. It lengthens and does not clump!
ii. It holds my curls very nicely.
iii. It really is waterproof= No panda eyes.
iv. Even though it's natural-looking it is still very black and darkens my lashes significantly.
v. I like the soft brush (I always prefer rubber brushes to regular bristles) shaped to fit your lashes.
vi. And of course, let's not forget that it's a fraction of the cost of lots of mascaras out there!

   

So here's to you Define-A-Lash, the 8 dollar mascara that made me eat my words.

No comments:

Post a Comment