Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Chanel Spring 2011 Collection Swatches and Pêche Nacrée

Last last last week, (can you say "overdue post"?) I stopped by Nordstrom to take a look at the Chanel Spring 2011 pretties. btw, who is that girl Chanel's been using as their model lately? I think I'm in love with her.
I swatched a couple of the lip products I was interested in. Nakkar was more strawberry pink than I had anticipated. For some reason I was under the impression that it had more of a coral tinge to it even though Chanel distinctly describes it as being a raspberry color. I think it's because I saw various in-person photos of Nakkar showing off more of a coral pink. Oh well, maybe it was just the difference in lighting. It's the type of shade that can look different depending on the angle and the lighting; perhaps that's what makes it all the more pretty and alluring.
I ended up passing on Nakkar, but brought home Pêche Nacrée, a soft pearly peach nail polish. Even though Black Pearl has been getting more publicity, to me, Pêche Nacrée seemed a better representative of the collection as a whole. Additionally, I've been wearing dark colors on my nails nonstop this winter, so Pêche Nacrée felt like a breath of fresh spring air! The pinky-peach shade lightens up significantly once on the nails but its still very pretty. The slight pearl finish makes the hands look soft and feminine.

No comments:

Post a Comment