Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Review: Biore Triple Action Astringent


So I was strolling down the magical aisles of Target the other day with the purpose of picking up some Biore nose strips (and checking out the Sonia Kashuk holiday stuff- which by the way I couldn't find), when this little light green concoction caught my eye.

I took it home with me, washed my face, dabbed a little of it on a cotton pad, swirled it around my t-zone and voila,

my life took a turn for the better.

See, I was at a point where I felt like I just couldn't win the battle against my badass blackheads (and whiteheads argh!) anymore. Even though I was fully armed with a boatload of facial scrubs, peels, pore strips and of course my Clarisonic, I was seriously getting beat up and down the block. And while I wish I could say that I coaxed and persuaded my pores to behave with love and understanding, in the end a badass foe calls for a badass ally.

Also known as salicylic acid.

I'm not a big fan of harsh chemicals (I can't use benzoyl peroxide at all- another infamous acne treatment ingredient) and I've never been very acne-prone so I never had to use any but what I love about the Biore Triple Action Astringent is that even though it has salicylic acid in it, it's not as drying or harsh as some other products I've tried. It also has a cooling sensation without any stinging usually a signature of most products with anti-acne ingredients. Most importantly, I've noticed a major difference in my nose area as to the amount of blackheads and the size of my pores. It's still a work in progress but I see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I would not however, recommend this to someone without blackheads or acne as I don't see the point, nor would I recommend to anyone with dry skin as it will probably dry out your skin even more. I have combination skin (t-zone is oily/ cheeks are dry) so I avoid applying this on the dry areas of face (but I kinda end up applying it anyway because I like the squeaky clean feeling..)

No comments:

Post a Comment