Saturday, December 11, 2010

A Drugstore Haul & NOTD

Last weekend I had a chance to stop by my favorite CVS location, the one in Harbor East, Baltimore! It may be silly to say I have memories about a drugstore but... I have memories about this drugstore. Harbor East was the first neighborhood K and I lived in as a married couple so we made many random (and often late night) runs to this 24-hour CVS for ice cream or advil or laundry detergent. Of course I would stop by after school and browse its abundant beauty aisle. This location always received THE quickest shipment of new limited item displays and helped me rediscover the potential of drugstore makeup.

Anyways, enough with the babble. Here's what I picked up!

1. Revlon Multi-Use Palette: Nine times out of ten I arrive at the office with a virtually naked face because apparently there are infinite ways of convincing your half-asleep self that a couple minutes extra snooze is worth looking like a zombie at work. This compact palette looked like a good thing to keep at the office as an emergency kit.

2. Revlon Nail Polish in Perplex: I didn't feel obligated to get Chanel's Paradoxal but that doesn't mean I'll skip on a dupe this good! (See Pink Sith's awesome comparison)

3. Milani Baked Eyeshadow in Intermix: I got this for its name; it reminded me of the Intermix in Georgetown, which I always find to be a stylish little thing.

4. Milani Nail Polish in Gold Glitz:
Glitter nail polish is often disappointing because what you see in the bottle is rarely what ends up on your nails. But this Milani One Coat Glitter polish is packed with gold glitter and looks incredible on the nails. I've never received so many compliments on my nails in my life- love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment